It is hard to believe that the year is half over! Time goes so fast. Yesterday did not go fast! Lots and lots of traffic in Chicago. we almost went up and around but it’s 30 miles further but looking back we should have. We arrived around 9:30 pm. Getting ready to go set up but need to get the teenager moving 😊
well my day has kind of gone array ! I feel like I got nothing accomplished. it didn’t help I went to town twice! I had to get a new watch battery and just as I got home…Kevin sent me back to get some parts for his project!
Today’s card is a quick friendship card! I just got a gift from a friend of mine …
We’ve been working on re -modeling our powder bathroom so Kevin is hoping to install the toilet and sink in the morning. I’m hoping to spend time in the stamp studio !!
It’s been a long weekend with my nephew Drew ending up in the hospital with a broken bone in his hind end! I don’t know why he can’t break a normal bone like leg or arm. Not him! He was discharged from hospital today and doing much better. But it was a mad dash home from MN.
There are four of us kids together today and the last one will come tonight. Our Grandpa’s funeral a few years ago was the last time we were all together. so special times😊
Enjoy the very summer weekend! it’s going to be in the 90’s here in MN.
Hello! I have a couple of Zentangle cards from Michelle that you’re going to love! She had also sent me a little tutorial I’m going to try and post too! I am very much electronically challenged so we’ll see how it goes!
Here is a mini-tutorial to recreate the Zentangle Gift card.
Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Sakura Pigma Micron Pen 01
Uni-ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Cuttlebug Tiffany Embossing Folder
Darice Iridescent White Sequins 5mm
1. Stamp image on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and cut it out leaving a narrow white border. I did my cutting by hand. Then using a stencil I added some circles in two sizes with my Micron pen.
2. Add the darkest color of Copic Markers to the image for each color value. For my sample card I used:
BG07 Petroleum Blue, V06 Lavender, YG05 Salad. Note that I use a flicking motion to add my color, lifting as I go so that the edges have a feathered effect. I lay my Copic colors down quickly.
3. Next, add the next darkest colors of Copic Markers to the image. I used BG05 Holiday Blue and V05 Marigold. Cover the areas you have already colored and bring the colors out a bit farther in the same feathering technique. Leave a bit of white area on the image so that your lightest color will show. Add white detailing to the green dots with the white gel pen as shown.
4. Finally, add the lightest colors of Copic Markers to the image and blend the areas. I used BG01 Aqua Blue and V12 Pale Lilac. Add white gel accents to the large circles on the package as shown.
5. Now we are to the Zentangle portion of the project. This could be done on a white image for a more traditional Zentangle look, but I decided to go in color on this card. I colored the image first so there was no chance of the Copics smearing the tangles.
The first pattern I chose is called TIPPLE and consists of lots of little circles that are in different sizes that touch on all sides. I did this pattern on my bow. I love the way the shading shows through this design!
6. Finally we are ready to tangle the gift. I chose a tangle called NEKTON which consists of four paralel lines in various contrasting directions. I look for sharp angles and shorter lines so that there is a more woven effect achieved.
7. On the final card I actually shaded the ends of each of the 4 line sections so they look like they are tucked under each other, but if you like the original shading we did, you can skip this step. I popped my gift up on the foam tape and added the sequins with the glue dots.
So there you have it! I want to try it! The directions are for the gift card that was the first Zentangle card we posted
We are leaving today to head back to MN for a family reunion this weekend. I believe that all Five of my brothers and sisters will be there! Very Excited! It has been a long time since we have all been together. I will do a sceduled blog for tomorrow so enjoy your weekend. summer is going way to fast 😳
Good Morning! It’s going to be a beautiful day here in WI and we will be busy making stamps! We got all the orders ready to go out yesterday so now we can concentrate on the Novi, MI show. The laundry is again caught up and toilets are clean!
I am in charge of supper tonight since my sister and her husband are working late…we may have to eat out since I really have no food in the house. We leave again on Thursday for a family reunion in MN so it didn’t seem practical to go grocery shopping. 😊
We are getting ready for the Novi, MI show the first weekend in August. We are also looking for help on Saturday August 1st from 9-4. if interested please email me at email@example.com
Stamps Used: EE53 Skinny Candles http://shop.endlesscreations.info/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=EE53F235 Triple Banner Flags http://shop.endlesscreations.info/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=F235 B117 happy birthday http://shop.endlesscreations.info/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=B117
To purchase stamps click on links above
thanks a ton for putting up with our scheduled blogging. The plan is to arrive home today so we can go back to regular blogging. Stamps Used: A246 thanks a ton (http://shop.endlesscreations.info/A246-thanks-a-ton-A246.htm); CC71 KB’s Baby Elephants Mini (http://shop.endlesscreations.info/CC71-KBs-Baby-Elephant-Mini-CC71.htm)